Saturday, February 11, 2017

I Love Austen Week -- The Tag


What would a week-long blog party be without a tag?  Boring, that's what!  So here you go!  Simply copy these questions, paste them to your own blog and answer them there, and then come back to my blog to add the link to your tag post to the linky widget in the party's master post.

1.  Which did you experience first, a Jane Austen book or a movie based on one?

2.  What is your favorite Austen book?

3.  Favorite heroine?  Why do you like her best?

4.  Favorite hero?  Why do you like him best?

5.  Do you have a favorite film adaptation of Austen's work?

6.  Have your Austen tastes changed over the years?  (Did you start out liking one story best, but now like another better?  Did you think she was boring at first, then changed your mind?  Etc.)

7.  Do you have any cool Austen-themed things (mugs, t-shirts, etc)?  (Feel free to share photos if you want.)

8.  If you could ask Jane Austen one question, what would you ask her?

9.  Imagine someone is making a new film of any Jane Austen story you choose, and you get to cast the leads.  What story do you want filmed, and who would you choose to act in it?

10.  Share up to five favorite Jane Austen quotations!

Once you've filled out your tag, don't forget to come back and add a link to it on the party's master post here!  And then follow the links to other peoples' tags and other posts to make new friends or see what current friends say.

If you want to add a cool button to your post, here are a few more for you:






16 comments:

  1. I love that top button. So pretty! Even if I'm not participating, I'm really looking forward to reading all the entries for this. You host fabulous blog parties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, DKoren! I'm really looking forward to them too :-) And parties like this need people to just read the posts, as well as those who write them, so I heartily welcome all like you who want to just soak it all up :-)

      Delete
  2. Now this is a way I could join in! I may try filling out this tag sometime next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elisabeth, great! That's why I included a tag, really -- so people who didn't have time to do anything else could still join the fun. (And there will be games next week too!)

      Delete
  3. This is shaping up into a pretty awesome blog party! I hope to write at least one post sometime during the week, but even if I can't get anything done on time, I definitely want to join in for the tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ashley! Looking forward to whatever you post :-)

      Delete
  4. My tag post is here: http://www.rosie-dean.com/i-love-austen-week-tag/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, Rosie! Did you add the link to the linky on the main post?

      Delete
  5. These are such fun questions! I'll be filling this out soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Molly Rebekah, I look forward to reading your answers!

      Delete
  6. Wow! This looks fun!

    I will fill out the tag sometime in the next few days. And I'm planning to watch Persuasion 2007 on Tuesday as a little Valentine's Day festivity, so I will post my review shortly thereafter. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meredith, I'm eager to read both your posts :-) Watching Persuasion is a great way to celebrate Valentine's Day!

      Delete
  7. "I Love Austen Week" was a wonderful idea, and reading everyone's post has been great fun so far (and it's a very clever idea to have it fall on Valentine's day)!

    Thank you for doing this, even though I'm not participating, it's inspired me to finally read Lady Susan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lady Nefertankh! I'm glad you've enjoyed it :-)

      I read "Lady Susan" a while back and it was amusing.

      Delete

Agree or disagree? That is the question...

Comments on old posts are always welcome! Posts older than 7 days are on moderation to dissuade spambots, so if your comment doesn't show up right away, don't worry -- it will once I approve it.

(Rudeness and vulgar language will not be tolerated.)